The One Direction boys may not have been around for very long, but there are still hundreds of interesting facts about them. Having followed them so closely for their entire short career, I’ve managed to find some of the most interesting details about them. So, did you know…
1) Harry Styles is the youngest member of One Direction, being born on 1st February 1994.
2) In contrast, Louis Tomlinson is the oldest, born over two years before Harry on 24th December 1991.
3) Even though they are one of the most successful acts to ever come out of X-Factor, the group actually came 3rd in the series.
4) In fact, they weren’t even a group before X-Factor, with temporary judge Nicole Scherzinger proposing that they form a group after they all failed as solo acts.
5) The name “One Direction” was thought of by Harry.
6) The band’s first single, “What Makes You Beautiful”, was one of Sony’s best ever performing records. It sold over 150,000 in the first week, while Sony have never seen a single pre-ordered as many times. Suffice to say, I was definitely one of those 150,000!
7) This is one fact I HATE – the band’s UK tour sold out in 12 minutes. This meant that I, like others, could not get hold of a ticket.
8) “Up All Night” may not have reached No.1 at any point, but the fact it has sold over half a million copies highlights just how successful it has been!
9) Simon Cowell has called the band the “new Take That”. I’ll agree with that!
10) The band’s Youtube stats are amazing, with their three most popular songs being played over 70m times on the video site.
Like I said, I could go on forever! There are so many facts about One Direction it is ridiculous. With the band so young, it is scary how they can create so many headlines!
The fact that One Direction are just a group of teenagers is advantageous for a number of reasons. Firstly, they have huge sex appeal, but secondly they are usually open to immature comic moments. I’ve managed to find some of their best clips over the last year or so – I hope you experience as many laughs as I did!
1) Louis is UNDOUBTEDLY the funniest member of One Direction. Just watch this clip, for such a young guy, he certainly has plenty of one liners up his sleeve!
2) One of the biggest questions on the lips of most One Direction fans (certainly mine anyway!), is can the group fit into one big pair of underpants (bet you weren’t expecting that!)? Well, here the boys put it to the test!
3) When other people laugh hysterically, I find it absolutely hilarious. The One Direction boys have been the latest to evoke my laughter, with their laughter making for some great visuals!
4) And finally, this is just a generally funny video on the One Direction boys. It’s nothing specific, just general funny incidents that have happened to the world’s favourite boy band.
What a bunch of comedians! To be honest, the likeability of these guys is probably why they are so well received all over the world. They are regarded as down-to-earth boys, and that has aided their reputation massively. For me, I’m just going to carry on enjoying the great music and comedy moments that the One Direction lads keep bringing me.
Does anyone have any other funny clips of the band?
As one of One Direction’s biggest fans, I can’t help notice that the boys seem to be involved in absolutely everything these days. The latest news I hear is that they are supporting charity work, which is extremely refreshing to say the least. I know there have been worries that the boys might let all this success get the better of them, but I have never had any such fears and this charity work just proves why One Direction aren’t only the best boy band in the world right now, but also a thoroughly decent set of lads.
So what is the charity work? Well, the band has agreed to sign up for Greenpeace’s Save The Arctic Campaign. The charity has grown to be huge over recent years and the One Direction boys have joined some massively famous people in taking part, such as Jude Law, Ben Barnes, Alexandra Burke and Lily Cole in taking part. For me, it’s just brilliant. Some may argue that it’s not the most worthwhile charity in the world (and that’s in comparison with a lot of the health ones that celebrities tend to get involved in), yet they are still helping Greenpeace get their message across significantly. Moreover, how many young celebrities do charity work these days? The answer: very little. Again, One Direction has surprised me – after all they’re all still teenagers and probably have much better things to do such as spending all of the millions they have earned through the last twelve months!
I can’t believe what I have just read – Justin Bieber wants to collaborate with One Direction! Can you believe that? That would perhaps be the biggest and most hotly anticipated collaboration of the last few years. Forget Kanye and Jay Z, these two collaborating would be absolutely MASSIVE and if I was old enough, I’d be heading straight to the bookies to put a bet on it reaching number one.
So, how did this topic come about? Well Bieber apparently announced in an interview that if the One Direction boys want to release anything with him, all they have to do is ask! I mean, when the boys first appeared on X-Factor, do you think they had any idea that they would be approached by someone like Justin Bieber? The story behind One Direction gets better every day.
To be honest, I’m pretty hopeful of this happening. I think it was about two months ago that I read a tweet by One Direction which said they were hanging out with Justin Bieber. It appears as though they weren’t recording anything then, but the fact that they like spending time together suggests that it wouldn’t take too many negotiations before a single was on the way.
Of course, should we really be surprised that someone as big as Justin Bieber is making such statements? Ever since breaking into America, the One Direction boys have come one of the most sought after groups in the industry and if we’re honest, they could probably work with anyone they desire!
Seeing as though this is my first post on my blog, I thought I would give a brief overview of One Direction and why I am such a huge fan of the band!
Most people know that they started out on X-Factor, but the thing a lot of people don’t know is that One Direction actually arrived at X-Factor as solo artists. That’s right, it’s by pure coincidence that Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson were put into a band. In fact, I think it was Nicole Scherzinger of all people who suggested that they would be put into a group!
Even though I, like seemingly EVERYONE at the time, were behind them during X-Factor, they didn’t actually win the show. In fact, they only managed to finish 3rd, which was a huge letdown to be honest. Fortunately, Simon Cowell could see the obvious and granted them a deal with his record label and surely, that must be one of the best decisions he has ever made. Their opening album, Up All Night, was a huge success and has sold millions of copies through the world!
However, even though they are absolutely HUGE in the UK, they have somehow managed to take that success to the USA. Even though no other boy band has managed it in recent history, One Direction have taken America by storm and are currently one of the most successful acts over the pond. This just makes me incredibly crowd – seeing them as nothing solo artists in the early parts of X-Factor, becoming coming one of the most successful boy bands in the world! Incredible.